Static Sims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[HOTFIX] ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000004

Go down

[HOTFIX] ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000004  Empty [HOTFIX] ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000004

Post  Static.Enigma Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:09 pm

I encountered this after I finally was able to get my game working with the 1.14 patch... generally it was dumping me to the desktop every 1 or 2 minutes with a ACCESS_VIOLATION error.

This TS3.exe has been modified using the technique used here to remedy the error. The program used to "fix" it was Windows only, so I booted up my brother's computer and fixed it, as my Sims 3 is on my Mac. I thought that I'd share it (since it's not the actual game, only a small part) here for the people who are using Macintosh and can't fix it themselves, or are just lazy Microsoft groupies (aka. those running Windows).

Replace your regular TS3.exe file in Contents/Resources/Transgaming/C_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin with the one at the link below, but only after backing up your original. I suggest simply renaming it to TS3_.exe... so you know where it is.

EDIT: Please keep in mind that this will not work if you don't have enough ram for the new patch. This fixed .exe just allows the game to use more memory. Not enough base ram and it'll continue to crash in the exact same way.

DOWNLOAD
Static.Enigma
Static.Enigma
Admin

https://static-sims.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum